+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Testing fill water

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Testing fill water

The sellers that pop up are not always the same ones. The one we like the best is Amato Industries. They seem to have the best prices, but when they sell out, Amazon lists another seller instead. (For the benefit of anybody else reading this thread who needs to order a kit, it is best to order in the morning before they sell out. They seem to restock quickly, though.)

I just went to Amazon and found this seller listed and their phone number is 240-508-1465. Give them a call. Let us know the outcome.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Amazon doesn't sell the kit directly, but even if they did, they automatically list the cheapest seller, even if it's not them. Usually, it's Amato.

None of the companies have a 100% service history, but if a company doesn't respond to problems, Amazon will delist them. I think there's a good chance if you send a photo to Swimming Pool Warehouse, they may simply send you a new bottle of powder. It's worth a try.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

My bet is that you wouldn't even need to send a picture. I bet a phone call would do it.

Hope I wouldn't need a photo because it's already cleaned up. But I did think about that yesterday when I got it. Guess if they won't send another it will be ok. Wouldn't think this stuff could be that expensive.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Unfortunately, it is. Part of it is the cost of shipping a small package that can't go US Mail; part of is the special moisture absorbing container. I'd give 10:1 odds, the container & spoon cost Taylor a lot more than the powder, which THEY make.

Just received a email about the open bottle and the company says that they will send not 1 but 2 new DPD bottles to me. Guess its time for the waiting game now. Just thought y'all might like to know that.

That's very nice of them. I'm hoping they'll ship via UPS. My recent experience with USPS have been terrible: mangled, torn envelopes and nearly total destruction of boxes. One was delivered in a plastic bag with a note saying 'sorry for the damage'.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Just an update on the order discussed above. I received 2 new bottles full with the measuring sticks yesterday. Sounds like this also is not a bad company to deal with. Everything was handled without a problem.

Thanks for the update!

+ Reply to Thread