+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ???? bubble-like bulge on the liner seam of my intex pool ??? HELP

Default ???? bubble-like bulge on the liner seam of my intex pool ??? HELP

Hello,

First time pool owner (Intex 15x48). Leveling the land was a major project. My land is part concrete ( L shape) and the part is firm soil that has 3/4" rock over it. **It used to have a pool from what I hear about 15 years ago. When we bought the house one part of the land was just that compact soil, and we later layed those rocks down (so not to see the dirt area looking so plain). Long story store. My pool is 50% on the concrete the L shape I spoke about) and 50% on the rocked soil section (upside down L shape). I used those stones to level the low area even with the concrete.I have a fence not to far, so the level rocks are being supported. I layed 3 heavy duty tarps down and also had a bunch sand delivered. The side that is not on the concrete I added pavers to (better stability). In doing this,where the bottom liner and pool wall meet, it has created an odd sort of bulge on the back end of one section of the pool. I freaked out, because it sort of looked like a pimple about to explode. The only solution I found was to purchase some pool repair liner, and took a big piece to secure the bulge. I then had some thick plastic garden liner (kind of like the stuff you add as a liner under your kitchen cabinets where the cabinet meets the floor. It is about 5 inches in height and flat (I think you get it.) So far it looks good, but I can I be safe in saying it won't burst? There are no leaks, I have troubleshooted (water line has the same). I am DIY, so I have really made sure this thing is secure, and it has not expanded any further since I did this. Any suggestions or answers would be so great. So sorry if I dragged this on, but I have really had my hands full with the pool. The cleaning part has been the easiest for me. I have it hooked up to a saltwater system, just have not gotten the balls (lol) to start running it yet. I am so hestitant due to ALL the problems I have been having with this pool since I got it! I bought the pool used only because I wanted a practice pool to see if I would be able to maintain it. BTW, this forum is so awesome, and I have gotten so much great information from it. Thank u!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: ???? bubble-like bulge on the liner seam of my intex pool ??? HELP

I'm sorry that I can't help you with this problem but somebody here should be able to. I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the Pool Forum!

Default Re: ???? bubble-like bulge on the liner seam of my intex pool ??? HELP

Thanks Watermom! So excited to be part of the forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread