+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble shooting help

Default Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble shooting help

I have found this forum to be extremely helpful to troubleshoot my system, but need some feedback from experts. My pool is 5 years old and my Jandy system is the original equipment, except that I replaced the cell and only the cell last summer.

My system has stopped generating chlorine, and is giving error codes 180, and 172.

We removed and inspected the cell, it seems fine. We removed the sensor, and one of the three sensors was a little oxidized, so we cleaned it with a green scouring pad, and replaced it but this did not solve the problem.

Now thanks to the troubleshooting help found here, I followed the instructions for determining if the board is bad or if the sensor is bad. When I pushed the R-temp and salinity buttons (w sensor disconnected) while pushing salinity button on front, I did not get the 2.8gpl readout - I still had the chlorine production setting displayed; likewise, when pushing the other button combinations, I did not get the temp readouts indicated, but still the chrloine production setting readout.

This leads me to believe that the board is bad per the troubelshooting forum. However, just would like some confirmation from those in the know.

I am also debating whether the $320 investment in a new board is the right one given that the other components may fail in the near future as well. Thoughts?

Default Re: Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble shooting help

I would try contacting Jandy (zodiac) support. http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Support.aspx

According to the manual, those two error codes indicate:

180 - Heated sensor element not heating (also generates 172 code)
    172 – Flow sensor service - clean sensor, check for damage and replace if necessary.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Default Re: Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble shooting help

little late on this post but from what I understand, jandy has come up with a inline circuit board to add to the terminal end of the sensor cable that is supposed to boost the signal form the trisensor. It supposedly has corrected a lot of the sensor error codes. I've been through at least 4 sensors with mine. One came dead from the factory. Being a premium priced SWG system, you'd think they'd have a premium product. I wouldn't still own mine had I not been able to find parts on Ebay and other sources. My cell is going bad now and I'm likely going to go with another brand.
    Jandy Aqua-Pure SWCG on 1.5" bypass to a venturi skimmer; in-floor cleaning system presently disengaged. pebble coat surface, spill over spa

15x30' kidney 22.9K gal IG pool; swg; Jandy Cl 340 cartridge filter; Pentair Intelliflo VS pump; 18hrs; K2006 Taylor; shallow well + utility; summer: ; winter: ; none; PF:5.2

+ Reply to Thread