+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AG walls

Barry J is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Barry J 0

Default AG walls

We have a 35x18 AG pool (Johnny Weismuiller) with steel walls. Last year we had a new liner put in and the guy installing the liner said it was a great pool, and that the walls were the strong and wouldn't have a problem. While the pool was filling after the install, I noticed the corner walls were a little more flexible than i noticed before. I asked him about it, and he mentioned the water would correct that. Well it did, to a degree. When we get a bunch of kids in the pool making waves, we notice the corner walls flexing a little. I was wondering if there was some thing I can do about that problem.
    I have "slots" in the wall that will fit a "PT" 2x4, I'm thinking about adding a 2x4 in all the corners. I noticed that the pool has metal supports alredy, but that is only on the straight side sections.
    Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Barry

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: AG walls

Hey, Barry.

What kind of 'flexing' are we talking about (does the top bow in or is it spreading out)?

My first take on this is that the liner might be a little too snug (possible reasons, liner cut too small, liner put in on a 'cold' & cloudy day, Bottom not at proper level - too deep, or the cove being absent or too small or any combination of these)

Please get back with me on this and we'll try to figure out the best fix, if there is one.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

If you want to send a picture so Waste can see what it looks like, you can either use Photobucket, Picasa, Flickr or the like or email them to poolforum@gmail.com and reference the URL of this thread.

What kind of pic would help,?? just of the pool wall itself???
    You can see the top of the wall, kind of move outward, then move back in with the waves. Like I said , with 2-3 kids in it, it dosn't move, yet with 4-5 making a lot of waves, it moves a little.
    I can be on the outside of the pool and at the corners push the wall inward a little.
    Hope that helps

I will send the photos by email to pool forum@gmail.com

I sent some pics to the stated e-mail, but got no response. I went ahead and added supports to the corners of the pool, using "PT" 2x4s at 45 degree angles. Will I have any problems with what I did, in the future??

So much email comes in that it may have just gotten overlooked by accident. I'll check with Ben about it. Sorry.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Pics:

Well like I said, I am in the midst of replacing all the wooden landscaping around the pool, and added some 2x4 supports on the other side to stop the flexing. Working my way around to the side that is pictured above. This weekend I'll shoot some pics of the supports on the other side.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread