+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Intex Pool Owner and on a well.

Default New Intex Pool Owner and on a well.

Just purchased and installed a 15' x 42" Intex quick set pool. Have the Intex SWCG system and well water. Searched several other forums and you fine folks appear to have the most knowledge on how to clear up and maintain these pools. First one I have seen with a dedicated sections for Intex pools and metal issues.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New Intex Pool Owner and on a well.

There are a couple of threads that you should read if you haven't already found them on your own. In the "Chemistry for Intex-Type Pools," please read the top two stickied threads. Until your registration is completed, you will have to log out first to be able to see them, though. Then, if you have specific questions you need help with, let us know and someone here will try and help.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Also, please put your pool's information in our pool chart. It makes it easier for us to help.
    Pool Chart Entry Form
    Pool Chart Results
    One last comment, are you aware that the Intex SWCG adds copper to your water? You do NOT want copper in your pool. Most people think it is chlorine that stains things and turns blonde hair green, but it is actually copper. You can unhook the copper ionizer and the SWCG will still work just fine.

Hi Watermom,

Thank you for all the wonderful work you all do here.

I actually spent several hours yesterday reading through several threads on the forum and have learned alot.

I will input the info into the pool charts tonight when I get home. As for the copper ionizer in the intex SWCG I actually unhooked at install didn't like the idea to begin with, I work in the Marine and R.V. industry and know what happens with dissimilar metals and water. Heck I was even smart enough to start here instead of the pool store.

Again thank you all.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by virtualmech View Post
    Heck I was even smart enough to start here instead of the pool store.
    Boy, you are smart! We wish everyone would come here first! We could save a lot of people a lot of problems.!

Well so far so good my water started out an ice tea color on the initial fill, have added 1 gallon of 6% bleach on top of running the SWCG and it has not turned on me yet. I have been running some tests on the Intex SWCG just to see how much chlorine it is putting in the pool based on the listed runtime, so far doesnt look right. Getting a test kit for salt not sure if my salinity is high enough to be effective.

+ Reply to Thread