+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too much to do!

Default Too much to do!

Am I the only one who is overwhelmed with everything that must be done in order to have a pool? I mean, I just want to buy the pool and have it put up. period! Now I have to worry about building permits, measuring out my yard, getting it marked by Julie, hoping I have enough yard to have the pool, have a big enough access way for the excavator, make sure my fence is up to code to have a pool, figure out when, and how an electrician will come out to run wiring-hopefully right after the pool is up. Can't be before in our city. It just seems insane! I am overwhelmed! Then to top it all off, I will have to worry about the damn chemicals and getting the right mix! I am not sure this will be worth it.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Too much to do!

The chemicals are the easy part, if you have a good kit....

Janet

Thanks for the input. Now that we had to go with a smaller pool(18') my wife wants a hot tub and surrounding deck as well. This is costing me a mint!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

It will be worth it. Once it is installed and you are floating in it relaxing ............ you'll see.

babzog Guest

Think that's bad? Try doing it yourself! I have a tractor to move most of the earth, but the last 2" of hand levelling a 24" (larger, actually, since my yard has a grade and I had to cut into that to level the pool and want to leave a walkway around the pool so I don't have to put up those ugly plastic fency thingies around the top). Got about 1/8 of it levelled this afternoon (was too hot to got steady) and it's really depressing to look at the rest and think "what the heck lies underneath those last 2 inches?" My pool will sit on part clay (easy digging) and part old soil with roots running through it (an utter bear to dig and level). You've got it easy, my friend - write a cheque and wait.

I feel the same. Waiting on the ground to dry around here before I can start. Wife also wanted a hot tub as well. Hopefully it won't all be as bad as we are thinking! Anyway I will you luck in your adventure as well.

Fortunately the pool company we hired took care of everything involved in the installation except for the fence. There was a bit of a learning curve to take care of it, but it would have been easier had I known about this site from day one.

Watermom is correct, when I'm floating around in the pool I forget about everything; totally worth it.

When someone asks me about getting a pool, I tell them it's like getting a pet; it will require regular care and attention, and may occasionly get sick which will require treatment. If you don't want that kind of responsibilty, either don't get a pool or hire someone, who knows what they are doing, to take care of it.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Well, I took a week off of work/ (vacation ) only to work harder than at work! Doesn't help its been about 100 degrees here every day. Got a bunch of teenagers together and moved my barn/ shed from one corner to the other corner. I just freed up a bunch of area to put a larger pool. Now it's basically how much we can afford.

+ Reply to Thread