+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloudy water

Default Cloudy water

Hi! I was looking through your threads and saw a post called "another before and after" by sunlove I believe. My water looks exactly like the before picture. I would love to know how to get the crystal clear water like the after pictures.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Cloudy water

There is no "one-size-fits-all" answer. We'll need to look at some current water testing results taken with a drops-based kit. Do you have a good test kit? We think that everyone needs a good test kit. The one we recommend is the Taylor K-2006 or 2006C which you can get through the test kit link in my signature below. Try and order it early in the morning while the seller listed is Amato Industries. Sometimes they sell out during the day, but usually restock overnight. Some other sellers don't sell it for as good of a price.

Since the kit is only sold online, you need something to use until you get it. Get a cheap OTO (yellow drops) / phenol test kit, or if available at YOUR Walmart (check availability), get the HTH 6-way DROPS test kit, which is compatible with the Taylor K2006. Test the pool as soon and you can, and post the results. If you get the 6-way kit, ALSO test the water you FILL the pool with, especially if it's a well, and post THOSE results as well. (The HTH is the best available kit you're likely to find locally, but it's not the K-2006. It can only provide rough measurements chlorine levels above 5 ppm, and it measures "TOTAL" hardness, rather than "CALCIUM" hardness, which is not ideal.)

Please fill in your pool's information in our pool chart. It makes it easier for us to be able to help you.
    Pool Chart Entry Form
    Pool Chart Results
    Also, tell us exactly what all you have added to your pool --- meaning ingredients and not just "shock." How does your water look?

Re-post with the requested information and someone here will try and help. Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Cloudy water

membership updated. -ben

+ Reply to Thread