+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chlorine Demand

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Chlorine Demand

Quote Originally Posted by gfritz1 View Post
    I initially filled out the pool chart a few weeks ago. Is it not saved?
    I'm working on a plan to convert some of the data in the Pool Chart into signatures that will show up each time you post, but right now, it's just a plan. We have to do a search on the pool data, which is getting to be rather large set!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

With a CYA of 80, if you let your chlorine drop below 5, I'd suggest shocking the pool. It doesn't take long for something to get started in the water.

gfritz1 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst gfritz1 0

Update and a few questions - Reading tonight as it has been holding well since did the drain and 8.5 gal bleach . Tonight PH 7.8 FC 3.6 CC 0 TC 3.6 ALK 140 HARDNESS 140 CYA around 60 All tested with Taylor kit. So what do I add under BBB to raise hardness or domt you worry aboyut it at this level? Would you do anything to adjust AlK a little or leave ? I am using between 3 qt and a gal of bleach a day to keep FC above 5 . Is this normal as at this rate the bleach is about $1.60/day or $48/month ? Would a SWG be less expense to operate ?Water has been excellent
    16x32 rectangle 23K gal IG pool; trichlor feeder; Hayward HE-65 DE filter; Hayward 1.5 pump; 12hrs; Taylor Kit - can test FC-CC-CYA-ALK-Hardness; utility water;; PF:5.2
    Been on bleach since 2012

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Where do you live? Some pools in places with really hot climates do better with CYA a little higher.

In a vinyl pool, you do not need to worry about calcium hardness.

Your TA is fine where it is.

An SWCG is a very costly unit. It would take a long time to recoup your cost as opposed to just using bleach, but some people really do like having them.

Live in Northwestern PA above State College . My CYA has been between 50 and 80 . At the pool store with strips it looked like 100 yesterday .But using Taylor kit I ended up between 60-70

Thanks
    16x32 rectangle 23K gal IG pool; trichlor feeder; Hayward HE-65 DE filter; Hayward 1.5 pump; 12hrs; Taylor Kit - can test FC-CC-CYA-ALK-Hardness; utility water;; PF:5.2

Trust the Taylor kit's results.

I wouldn't think that in your area you would need CYA higher than 60-70. People who we sometimes suggest that to are those living in the really hot areas of the south. I think you're probably fine with 60-70. However, if you want to bump your CYA up some, you can but if you do so, you'll need to run higher chlorine levels per the Best Guess Chlorine Chart.

Has been 3 weeks since started BBB from a chlorine demand condition .Water has remained excellent .I have had to add bleach each day to get back up above 5 ppm as normally find between 3-4 each day. Averaging roughly $1.03/day based on GV bleach at $2.98 for 1.45 gal

Starting to think that closing is less then 4-6 weeks and was wondering what the process is with the BBB method? I have inground and use a Loop Lock mesh cover for winter .Will close for sure by Oct st as here in Western Pa the nights are allready in 50

There are a couple of threads you can read. Then, come back if you still have questions about closing. By the way, do you have inground or above ground. Your sig says AG but your post says inground.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...for-the-Winter

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...for-the-winter

inground

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I'll update your signature, if you enter an updated Pool Chart record:
    Pool Chart Entry Form
    I'm guessing you have the K2005 (DPD color match) rather than the K2006? You should indicate that as well.

+ Reply to Thread