+ Reply to Thread

Thread: store bleach , light green water

Default store bleach , light green water

i been using store bleach, top out, i think it's called. after noticing water turning green, i ppoured 6 gallons to my inground 24k gallon water plaster pool. each gallon has 5.7 available chlorine. i ran out of chlorine testing chemical when i poured it in so couldnt get reading right away. one day later i checked it and it read to have 12ppm's of free chlorine. my question is can someone tell me how to calculate how much ppm's it would have beeen raised to at the moment i poured the bleach in there. i want to make sure that it got to shocking level and not just to 12ppms'. also, combined chlorine showed to be zero. cya is at 46 and it has been just over 100 degrees in central california. thanks for any help i can get.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: store bleach , light green water

I have never heard of liquid chlorine / bleach that is 5.7%. But, if that is right, then 1 gallon of it in a 24K gallon pool would add about 2.4ppm of chlorine. So, 6 gallons of it would add roughly 15ppm of chlorine.

+ Reply to Thread