+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back! but with a different pool.

Default Re: I'm back! but with a different pool.

update on progress:
    Attached Images
    Swampster
    18' x 48" Intex donut, 5455 gal
    Krystal Clear 635T filter pump / 1500 GPH

18' round 5.5K gal Intex AG pool; 6% bleach ; Intex cartridge filter; Krystal Clear, 635T, 1500/GPH pump; 24/7 at this timehrs; Taylor K2006; well; summer: ; winter: ; ; PF:22

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

You're getting to be a pro at this.....I think a new username is in order!!

Great job!!

Janet

Oh please! I spend the first 30 days each year with my nose in this forum to see if I can get clear water quicker...I'm seriously wanting to try the Culator I saw mentioned, I also watched a YouTube video of it..but realistically I have about 45 days left in our pool season (we got a late start because we had to build a retaining wall to hold the bigger pool) and now I've got the worst behind me, so it's on my list of must haves for next year, that and Jack's Magic pink stuff. I should be getting my order of polyquat soon too. This pool is sooo much bigger than our 15fter that I found the sock method irritating and it has worn me out, I'm hoping the Culator removes our brown goop. I'll be reading other threads to see if anyone reports good news.

In the meantime, I'm leaving for a few days and will start posting test results when I get back, by then I should have a CYA number to post for ya to look over.
    Swampster

18' round 5.5K gal Intex AG pool; 6% bleach ; Intex cartridge filter; Krystal Clear, 635T, 1500/GPH pump; 24/7 at this timehrs; Taylor K2006; well; summer: ; winter: ; ; PF:22

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Hey Swamp Mistress!
    Welcome back...and PLEASE don't change such a really cool name!
    Carl

Swamp Mistress is a great name. You kick the stuffing out of the brown water, and you are the Mistress in control!

Saw a lot of tannin colored streams in Northern Ontario that ran through swamps and would come out various shades of brown from the tannic acid that leached out from the rotting vegetation. I never thought about that happening with well water. Great job.

IG 32' x 16', vinyl 19,500 l, Sand filter, Hawyard Low NOx 250,000 btu heater
    Heating? Great info on why a solar cover saves $$$?
    http://energy.gov/energysaver/articl...ng-pool-covers

CarlD & Spensar..thank you. It's not the name I like so much, it's the little green swamp creature avatar I've come to love....that's how I felt when I first came to this forum and logged in!

Spensar, that photo is awesome. I just wish it wasn't the type of water I'm filling my pool with!

I think I forgot to mention...I DID pre-filter the pool water with a Metaltrap hose filter and still got the dark brown goo..this makes me wonder if CuLator will work on tannins. Also, there's a sticky feel to it on the filter, like touching tree sap.

All this experimentation has helped me inside the home, I found a little ascorbic acid is cheaper at cleaning the inside of the dishwasher than the special packets I was ordering online which contain, you guessed it, ascorbic acid. About once a month I have to run it thru a treated cycle to clear up staining, and from our white dishware. We didn't know about the water when we bought our home, we just found a phone book sized packet of information on a old chlorinating system on the kithen counter the day we took possession. The house had been vacant for many months so we assumed it had been sitting and would get better with use, it didn't so we called a water "expert" to test it. He sold us a filtration system for tannins @ $2,500. It made a little difference at first, but not enough to keep up long term. We have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink for drinking/cooking. The well water tests say that it's drinkable without filtration..it's just not appealing to look at. Hubby has made a few inquiries, I think he's going to send samples to an agency through the college.
    Swampster

am test results:

FC 5ppm (coming down from shock)
    CC .5
    PH 7.2
    TA 150
    Hard 50
    CYA 40

Re: CuLator, I contacted Periodicproducts. Todd DeJesus, Director of Operations response was, "CuLator only removes metals (iron, nickel, cobalt, copper, etc.) but will not help with the removal of tannins, as they are organic."
    Received my order of Nava Polyquat 60, added this am. : )
    Last edited by swamp mistress; 07-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Swampster

CuLator, I contacted Perioicproducts. Todd DeJesus, Director of Operations response was, "CuLator only removals metals (iron, nickel, cobalt, copper, etc.)
    Nice to get an honest straight forward answer that their product would not help.

From this....to this, with a lot of filtering inbetween!
    Attached Images
    Swampster

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Beautiful! Great job!

+ Reply to Thread