+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: getting a head start on liner replacement

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: getting a head start on liner replacement

Nope, the water is only to help compact fresh sand.

If the floor is already to grade, leave it be and fill the holes/ dips with new sand. It sounds like your floor is 100% compacted, don't mess with any areas that aren't too high, but fill in any low spots. Don't do any more work than you need to do!

I'm following this thread, so feel free to ask any questions you have.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Hopefully you will not regret that last sentance, here the first question?

What am I leveling the bottom of the floor to?

should I try to make it even with the top of the bottom rail? or maybel level with highest point {which may reduce the size of the wedge of dirt that buts up against the side wall)?

Sorry for asking so many questions about what is probably a very simple task to someone who knows what they are doing?

thanks
    round AG pool

HELP HELP HELP

Sand and cove went great and looks fine. Liner is beaded new liner was called a uni-bead and should have fit. After a few attempts figured out how to get bead to drop in track fairly easily but when we reached the starting point we still had about 10 inches of extra material. Unhooked everything and second time we triedhooking bead in a star pattern going back and forth accross pool. When we got to the last few sections we still had the same problem only now instead of one larg e piece of extra material we have several sections with just an inch or two extra. not sure what to do. Iam going to post this under a new heading as well. Trying to get set for daughters bday party in 1 week , help.
    round AG pool

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Hopefully, Waste is still monitoring this thread, but I'll send a reminder email to him just in case he hasn't seen it.

Well after moving the extra material back and forth accross the liner my son made a good suggestion. He said to oonly pull half the material otherwise I would just be moving the problem. Then after splitting it bewtween 2 sections we halved it again and kept doing that until we spread the excess out enough to hook it in all the way around. Hopefuly it holds. So far it is as tight as a drum thanks to all the info I rcvd here. will keep all that posted hopefully a happy ending is near.
    round AG pool

One final thank you to all who helped. Pool is done , water is in, and chems are good now if it would just stop raining hahaha gotta love it.

One caution to others, I had the shop vac behind the liner. Since I was filling with well for first day it took hours to get a few inches in the pool. Next day water truck arrived and I pulled vac hose out as he started to fill. To my surprise vac was 1/2 filled with sand. Not sure how as hose was at least a foot above sand. I have not been in pool yet but I guess there is going to be a dip somewhere. Not sure what I did wrong. Liner is tight as a drum not a single wrinkle
    round AG pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Glad it worked out for you!

+ Reply to Thread