+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: White Water Fungus among us!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: White Water Fungus among us!!

Definitely, filter.

If you add chlorine via the skimmer (no mineral cartridge or tabs in place!!), it will keep the cartridge clean.

Ok, it looks like the fungus is gone.

I still have the Pool frog chlorine back pack wide open to 10, but I did turn the pump down to the slower setting. Thanks for the help. I received my Taylor k-2006c testing kit this afternoon and just finished my test, but will post those in a new thread.

Thanks for the help!!!
    28' round 18K gal AG pool; Pool frog chlorinator and mineral pac; Pleatco PWWCT150 cartridge filter; Waterway 1 1/2 HP, two speeds pump; 24/7 May - Sept hrs; HTH 6way.; 4' x 20' Fafco Solar panel ; utility water; PF:6.7

I am unable to post a new thread so I will post my K-2006c tests here. As stated previously, I am using a Pool Frog Chlorinator and mineral pack that surrounds the chlorine backpac. I am very new to doing my own pool chemistry and a bit nervous. Thanks for the help!

PH: 6.8
    FC: 4.6
    CC: 1.0
    CYA:50
    TA: 50
    28' round 18K gal AG pool; Pool frog chlorinator and mineral pac; Pleatco PWWCT150 cartridge filter; Waterway 1 1/2 HP, two speeds pump; 24/7 May - Sept hrs; HTH 6way.; 4' x 20' Fafco Solar panel ; utility water; PF:6.7

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Canoe View Post
    I am unable to post a new thread so I will post my K-2006c tests here.
    You can't post in "Getting Started" any more, but you should be able to post here, without a problem. Try in the testing section, and see.

And, add some more borax, till your pH is up some.

Will do. Thanks PoolDoc.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I would also, check your chlorine again tonight and in the morning, and make sure that you're not still losing more than 1 ppm of chlorine overnight--if you are, then you need to shock the pool again. Hopefully today's sun will take care of that CC, but if not, you'll need to shock to burn it off.

New cartridge cleaning sticky (subject to editing):
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?18044

Thanks for the cartridge info PoolDoc. Much appreciated. Pool is looking great and no white water fungus!!!! Now just have to get use to the BBB dosing method. Feel like I need to enroll in a few chemistry courses :-)

Hope it's not *quite* that hard!

+ Reply to Thread