+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New user First Post Pool Info and a big problem.

Default New user First Post Pool Info and a big problem.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have a recently refinished plaster in ground Oasis shape pool. It is 25,000 gallons
    We had the pool and all of the cement redone this year. The pool was refilled on July 4th and I am losing water.
    I have performed all leak tests I am capable of and I am on here searching for answers.
    When pump is running I lost roughly 3.5" overnight. The water is now below the skimmers. The pump has been off for 48hrs and and it has dropped another 3/4". We are in West Chester, PA so it has been near 100 degrees all week. I first suspected a skimmer leak but now that the water is below the skimmer lines and water has been sitting in the skimmer since I shut the pump off I now suspect it to be the returns. I hope its not both.

My question to this forum is, Has Anyone successfully used a non trench method to fixing pipes? I know there are a few options such as flood grout. Epoxy, Lining the entire pipe. Am I missing any?

Also it has not been easy locating anyone in my area that does these non digging methods.
    So, any suggestions you guys may have on my issue or advice on resolving it would be great. I am devastated that I may have to dig up a brand new patio. So I am going to exhaust every option before I do that.
    Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Helnick
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New user First Post Pool Info and a big problem.

Hi, Helnick, and welcome to the Pool Forum! I'm sorry that you are having such big problems and wish I could help but this is definitely not my department. Someone will be along who should be able to advise you though. Hang in there!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by helnick View Post
    My question to this forum is, Has Anyone successfully used a non trench method to fixing pipes? I know there are a few options such as flood grout. Epoxy, Lining the entire pipe. Am I missing any?
    I'm not entirely ignorant in with regard to piping, since I'm a licensed Master plumber. But I am out of date. However, all such methods that I'm aware of are practical only with (a) larger pipes and (b) pipes that do NOT have short radius turns (like a 1.5" PVC S-40 pressure 90 ell).

Did the leaks start AFTER you finished the re-plaster? If so, I'd look for what changed with the re-plaster that could have lead to the leaks.

Regarding the patio deck -- once very effective way to cover deck cuts is to use a concrete deck finish AFTER you've repaired the cut.

Thanks for the reply. I've spoken with this company and I am waiting to be fit in. Www.floodgrout.com
    I've also seen certain inserts on YouTube under trench less pool repair.

As for the new concrete it was done right before the new plaster. It is stamped concrete so I don't think it will be matched easily.
    I am reading now we should have done a pressure test when it was opened but I didn't know then. I guess that's why hindsight is 20/20

I will be calling a leak detection co tomorrow and I will decide what to do from there.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Welcome to the forum.
    Just a thought on the 3/4" loss in 48 hours. That could very well be evaporation if you don't have a solar cover. As for the returns you can always plug the pipes and see if the level still drops. Something else to try is to wait until the water is really quiet and shoot a little dye at the returns and see if it gets sucked in. That would be the quickest test.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread