+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Vacuum For An 18' AG

Default Which Vacuum For An 18' AG

I was thinking of buying an Aquabug, but the comments on here have me concerned.

I am leaning toward a Poolbuster because my pool uses those expensive cartridges that are a pain to clean, and I would not have to mess with any hoses.

I am open to all suggestions. I am looking for something that is quick and efficient, and minimal hassle.

Default Re: Which Vacuum For An 18' AG

I bought a Wanda the Whale which is the same as Aqua Bug. Above ground 27'.
    It does a very good job of vacuuming. So far it has not gotten stuck on the ladder. It does not pick up large leaves and if it does it gets stuck in the bottom and you have to pull her up off the bottom and flip her over to get them out. Same with sticks or twigs. You can tell when she gets stopped up as she will almost stop moving. It takes several hours to clean my pool really well and sometimes we have to get in there and guide it to a few places it misses. It even goes right up to the wall like it is going to take off up the side. Overall I am pleased with it for the price and it sure beats hand vacuuming. I paid 119.95 with free shipping from aquanet.net. I have had a polaris and while they are great for leaves and larger things, it did not get the fine dirt on the bottom even with the cotton balls in the bag.

prh129 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver prh129 0

I bought an Aquabug and have been using it over the past three weeks - I have a 24' AG and so far it has done a good job although I have not put the ladder in yet (we're just starting to get warm weather up here and pool water this morning was only 65 degrees). I have not had leaves in the pool but oak tree droppings and loads of pollen. Once I found that after a few hours, there was still dirt in areas of the pool but after hand vacuuming, I found that the pollen dust stirs up easily when something comes through and then awhile later it will settle again so it wasn't a problem with the Aquabug. If you get a lot of big leaves then the Aquabug looks like it would clog easily but if you don't it should do a good job for the money.

Peter

How many more filters are you going through when you vacuum, and Could some one comment on the Pool buster.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

CarlD has a poolbuster and has raved about it for a year or so now, so I finally got mine plugged in and charged, and I plan to go out and put it to use here shortly!

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by aylad
    CarlD has a poolbuster and has raved about it for a year or so now, so I finally got mine plugged in and charged, and I plan to go out and put it to use here shortly!

Janet
    What is the verdict Janet and what model did you get? I am VERY close to buying one for my every day cleaning but another positive review certainly helps...

IMherDad is offline ** No working email address ** IMherDad 0

We are waiting for our Pool Buster CG to arrive hopefully this week. After reading so many good reviews about it, we wanted to give this a try.

When it arrives I will post back what we find out.

prh129 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver prh129 0

Quote Originally Posted by DCR
    How many more filters are you going through when you vacuum.
    I've been using a scum sock in my skimmer basket all the time since there is a lot of pollen out. I usually rinse it out at least once a day. I did find that during a recent vacuuming that the pollen and other junk must have clogged the sock and the suction from the pump caused the skimmer basket to start to split. I opened the filter up last weekend and it didn't look that bad so a skimmer sock is a definite plus if you have a cartridge filter.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by prh129
    I've been using a scum sock in my skimmer basket all the time since there is a lot of pollen out. I usually rinse it out at least once a day. I did find that during a recent vacuuming that the pollen and other junk must have clogged the sock and the suction from the pump caused the skimmer basket to start to split. I opened the filter up last weekend and it didn't look that bad so a skimmer sock is a definite plus if you have a cartridge filter.

Peter
    What's a skimmer sock, and why would it reduce the crud getting to the filter?

gregugadawg Guest

robokleen like the dolphin but for abovegrounds

+ Reply to Thread