+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Vacuum For An 18' AG

Default Re: Which Vacuum For An 18' AG

We went with Diver Dave. (Okay, I just wanted to be able to say I had a pool boy and his name is Dave. LOL) We have been very satistied with it. He doesn't get stuck on the steps at all, and even cleans good beside them, which suprised me. It usually takes him about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours to thouroughly clean our 18' AG. He even does a good job on the cove. We had a slight problem with him at first wanting to flip over and roll around. He would usually upright himself and take off again. Our local pool store (good store, where we bought him) suggested we take the eyeball out of the return to slow down the current (we have a 1 1/2hp pump) and he works perfectly now. I have since found the "sweet" spot where I can aim my jet so it does't flip him over.
    Karen
    18' AG

poolbuoy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst poolbuoy 0

I bought the Pool Buster and it works very well, It got the Oak twizlers off the bottom if any get that far. I have not bought the optional fine bag yet. Also bought the SLIME BAG three pak and they filter the fine stuff only it looks kind of funny on the return line hanging there.

I received a robo clean from costco last week and have used it 3 times. I am very happy so far as it has picked up everything. I don't have my steps in yet so I can't tell you if it will get stuck. Also - I read a lot of bad things about them failing (a fuse or something in older models) but I am hoping I got a good one. I got it from costco.com b/c of the price and return policy. Will post if it stops working or I have any issues.

prh129 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver prh129 0

Quote Originally Posted by DCR
    What's a skimmer sock, and why would it reduce the crud getting to the filter?
    A skimmmer sock (scum sock) is a little cloth bag with an elastic band around the top. It fits in the skimmer basket and the elastic top fits over the basket edge and holds it in place. The fabric is able to trap debris much smaller than the skimmer basket can - for example the skimmer basket does fine for catching leaves and bugs but pollen will go through the basket. The scum sock is able to catch pollen and other smaller stuff which would normally go to your filter.

It's a lot easier to rinse out the sock than it is to open the filter and clean a cartridge so anything it saves is a plus.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by prh129
    A skimmmer sock (scum sock) is a little cloth bag with an elastic band around the top. It fits in the skimmer basket and the elastic top fits over the basket edge and holds it in place. The fabric is able to trap debris much smaller than the skimmer basket can - for example the skimmer basket does fine for catching leaves and bugs but pollen will go through the basket. The scum sock is able to catch pollen and other smaller stuff which would normally go to your filter.

It's a lot easier to rinse out the sock than it is to open the filter and clean a cartridge so anything it saves is a plus.

Peter
    If it goes on the skimmer how does help with vacuuming?

gregugadawg Guest

Hey saw your post about robokleen, that was a problem with them last year. It was the first year with them, and pretty much every single one they made the fuse would blow the first few times it was used. Either that or water would get in the computer insides. So far this year I think robokleen is fixed. Smartpool has a very good service center and is very fair about fixing stuff so I wouldn't stress out a whole lot. But you are right abot what you said.

prh129 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver prh129 0

Quote Originally Posted by DCR
    If it goes on the skimmer how does help with vacuuming?
    The Aquabug is a suction side cleaner so it plugs into the vacuum port on the skimmer. Anything that the Aquabug sucks up goes through the skimmer basket. The scum sock catches the smaller dirt and debris instead of it going to the filter.

Peter

+ Reply to Thread