Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
1. A massive number of sources imply that dead sea level salinity all pathogenic organisms of concern . . . . mainstream media sources can be easily wrong
Without exception, I've found MSM articles, when covering topics about which I have independent technical knowledge, to be accurate only so long as they quote an accurate source, and further that MSM journalists generally have no ability to distinguish reliable sources from those that are merely politically correct. If they cite a source, then YOU need to find the source and cite IT, not the MSM article. That's what we do. That's what we expect of you, if you want us to bother with your argument.

And, if you want us to believe you that there are a "massive number" of sources . . . you need to list, if not a massive number, at least several dozen sources. Otherwise, we'll just conclude that you're spraying more fluff.

2. Dead sea level salinity is affordable (if not the most affordable) for someone spending 5 figures on a pool.
According to various sources*, the Dead Sea salt levels are around 300 ppt or 300,000 ppm. For a 13,000 gallon 24' round pool, that translates into 32,000 lbs of salt or 821 40# bags of salt. Assuming a hefty discount from the going rate ($6.50/bag) down to $4 per bat, that's still about $3,200 for salt. Considering that that's more than the pool would cost, I think we can dismiss your claim that "dead sea level salinity is affordable" as yet another case of thinking that's long on fancy and short on facts.

[* http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...54254/Dead-Sea ]

3. Sodium chloride will be as affective as the magnesium salts the Dead Sea is dominated by.
Given the general unreliability of your claims so far, I think we can safely ignore this one, at least till you cite sources.

There, all that distractingly eloquent language pruned. Happy?
Much happier; if you are going to say dumb things, saying them succinctly makes it much easier to recognize them for what they are. (And, of course, that's why politicians aren't brief!)