+ Reply to Thread

Thread: swimming goggles

Default swimming goggles

I have a 9 year old autistic daughter. She keeps her eye's open constantly. I have tried face-masks and some of the generally available goggles. Can any one suggest something that is very easy to use and comfortable to wear? Just taking a shot in the dark here. I figure if a group of people are likely to have suggestions it may be you all.

thanks
    Bryan

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: swimming goggles (probably the wrong place. I would guess "General interst"

My oldest daughter swims with her eyes open, too. The only thing I've found that she likes are some of the goggles that Academy sells--the ones with the rubber straps. The plastic strap ones don't hold tight enough to keep all the water out.
    Janet

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: swimming goggles (probably the wrong place. I would guess "General interst"

My experience with goggles is that it's all design, fit, comfort. Keep trying different ones until you find a style she likes and works for her. My son, also ASD, has one pair that he likes above all others. The lenses are becoming opaque and won't last much longer. He will wear others but keeps coming back to the same pair. He also keeps tightening them as he's wearing them so when we're done swimming, he has red goggles imprinted in his face.

+ Reply to Thread