+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baquacil to Chlorine (generic chemicals)

Unhappy Baquacil to Chlorine (generic chemicals)

I read on your Baquacil to chlorine article:
    "step 3. Add four pounds of Pool Breeze(tm) Non-Chlorine Shock Treatment per 10,000 gallons of pool water to neutralize BAQUACIL.
    * Water may become a clear green."

My question is do I have to use "Pool Breeze(tm) Non-Chlorine Shock Treatment"? I have some other brands for example, aquasilk chlorine free shock oxidizer and Baquacil chlorine free swimming pool oxidizer. Are these the same thing?

If not, are there some household items I can use to accomplish this? I have spent $600 in <6weeks on Baquacil products...this is the first time I've ever used it...#pool chemicals broke me :-/

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Baquacil to Chlorine (generic chemicals)

I'll have Ben comment on this, but if you read through some of the threads in the Bacquacil conversion forum, almost all of them just used plain, generic, unscented ultra bleach. The pool is liable to turn all sorts of shades of weird colors, but you just have to keep putting the bleach to it until you're able to hold a chlorine level overnight in order to burn all the stuff off. Then a filter change, and you're ready to go--with MUCH less expense, time, and aggravation!!

You DO need a good test kit to make this conversion the easiest--you need one that will measure high levels of chlorine, and will accurately measure combined chlorine. We highly recommend the K-2006 testkit linked in my sig, but at the very least you need the K-1515 that will perform the needed chlorine measurements for you.

Welcome to the forum!!
    Janet

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Baquacil to Chlorine (generic chemicals)

Sorry your post and membership got lost in the crush -- not sure if you still need help, but your membership has been upgraded. -ben

+ Reply to Thread