+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tough Algae even with high chlorine

Thumbs up Re: Tough Algae even with high chlorine

Thank you all for your help and guidance let me know if there is way I can compensate for you time and your guidance, I did order the F-1515 kit using the link in the previous post.

Meanwhile I followed BigDave's advice and used the 1:5 ratio pool water to distiller water the color is darker than 5 I could not see any difference between FC & TC so I guess that might be due to the very high chlorine content.

Here are my numbers
    FC > 25
    PH 7.6 (I did not use any chlorine neutralizer)
    TA 110 (now this was tricky, the color did to change even after 30 drop then I had to redo the test with 6 drops of R-0007 thiosulfate and then it worked)

CA 175
    CYA 90 ( same as yesterday and I have moved the tricolor pucks from the feeder)

I have started vacuuming things do look much better than yesterday the water has that greenish tint but it is more blue than green. I will continue to vacuums and brush, would vacuuming to waste and adding new water make it worst due to lose of chlorine?

Re there any benefits in the clarifies or adding algae guards?

Again your help is much appreciated I did convey to the kids that there is hope and they are excited and are actually helping without minding the above 90 temperature.

Thank you!
    24K gal vinyl IG pool, sand filter with 1 1/2 HP Hayward's pump

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Tough Algae even with high chlorine

You can subscribe, if you like. It will also mean your posts will appear immediately. Link is in my signature.

Dunno what "algae guards" are.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Tough Algae even with high chlorine

If you mean algaecides, then NO don't add them OR the clarifiers. The clarifiers, at least, have their place in pool chemistry, but some work, some don't, and they all can complicate your pool problems if not used correctly. Your pool is cloudy because you're just now killing off a big algae bloom. Let you filter do it's job. Don't add any algaecides, either--the most efficient algaecide you can use is chlorine.

Don't make a very common mistake and try to rush things by throwing "goop" into the pool. Your pool didn't get into that shape overnight, so it's not going to clear overnight, either. Be patient!!

Janet

+ Reply to Thread