Hi, New to the forum. I have read and read and read threads on the forum which have helped me tremendously. I have the area the pool will be set up leveled, for when it finally gets here.

My question is:
The guy that actually did the work and I apparently had 2 diff ideas as to how I wanted it leveled. We have a slope of about 6 inches and he dug down that sloped side and proceeded to try and level the area. It was always my intention to put down a layer of sand below the ground cover. However, I didn't plan to use the sand as a leveler, which he did. I have a side where there is probably around 4" 's of sand. He has no barrier to hold that sand and I just know it is going to spread out once the weight of the water is involved. I have read various threads about not using sand vs using sand with some sort of a barrier to hold that sand in place. What type of barrier is considered the best to use? Also, I was thinking of putting some sort of block under the legs of the frame with the hope that will stop them from sinking down into the sand.

Any input here would be great seeing how my pool hasn't arrived yet and I still have time to fix/work with the job that was done. I would post a picture of the area, but I don't see an option for that at this time.
Thank you in Advance.