+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: First Time using Taylor HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mroll is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst mroll 0

Default Re: First Time using Taylor HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aylad View Post
    If your CYA is 65, then it's time to stop using the dichlor and switch to bleach. It's also time for you to keep a minimum of 5 ppm of chlorine in the pool at all times. Sometimes it just takes a few days for it to register. You've been using a lot of dichlor, so I'm not surprised it's risen a bit. If your pH is below 7.0, dose it with Borax to bring it back up to the 7.2-7.6 range.

Relax--it's just a pool!!

Janet
    Silly getting stressed over a pool, right???
    BUT I rather have a CYA of 30-40 and only need FC of 3-4....
    How much bleach?
    15' round 5.7K gal AG vinyl pool; Bleach; Haywood DE filter; Haywood 1 1/4 pump; 4-12 hrs; Taylor K-2006 Tester; utility water; summer: solar; winter: Not bought yet; ; PF:21??

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

"In your pool, a quart of 6% bleach will add around 2.5ppm of chlorine.". Test your chlorine with your kit, and add whatever amount is needed to get back over 5 ppm, using that statement as a guide.

Janet

Unfortunately my DPD powder is almost all gone..did not last long,,Leaving on vacation in a week and son will be testing, hopefully with regular kit. According to Dave, he should put in about 4 cups bleach to keep it over 3. Is all this still right with CYA so high??? I think I will test that again Wednesday night. Could CYA go down by itself???
    Oh gee this is getting too complicated.............waaaa
    15' round 5.7K gal AG vinyl pool; Bleach; Haywood DE filter; Haywood 1 1/4 pump; 4-12 hrs; Taylor K-2006 Tester; utility water; summer: solar; winter: Not bought yet; ; PF:21??

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I think you're making this harder than it really is...all your son should do is test the water, see what the result is, and then add bleach to get it back over 5 ppm. If he needs to add 1 ppm, he should add 2 cups. If he needs to add 2 ppm, he should add about 4 cups. If he needs to add 3 ppm, he needs to add about 6 cups. These are estimates, but they will work to make it as simple as possible.

If you stop using dichlor, your CYA will eventually decrease via splashout or water lost during filter cleanings--but it's going to be slow. Plan on keeping 5 ppm of chlorine in the pool for awhile...

Janet

Janet

Redid CYA with same water and solution..looks like 50 now which would make more sense. Again, will only be able to test with DPD powder for another 2 or 3 days..Will order more..BUT With regular test , ONLY REGISTERS UP TO 3 ppm. So what do we do???

Here's how to force it to read higher...

http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/how-...d-testkit.html

Janet

My DPD test will arrive Thursday but my son will only be using the OTO if he remembers. I am retesting everything tomorrow night and will repost the numbers so I can finalize my plans.. Tonight put in 3 cups bleach only

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

What were your FC, CC, and last night? What day are you leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    What were your FC, CC, and last night? What day are you leaving?
    Only did OTO test last night. (3+) Will do it all tonight around 5:30 -6 and post. Leaving Thursday. Thanks for getting back to me Dave.
    M

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Please also do pH. 3+ OTO is what I'd like to see. We can run the recipie for your son for a couple days and see how it goes. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread