+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bead liner keeps falling down

Default bead liner keeps falling down

Hi everyone ,

I'm extremely frustrated at this point in time.

I moved into my house 3 years ago and it came with a 24ft round above ground pool. It was way off to the left of my house and my wife wanted it behind the house. So at the end of summer I carefully took it all apart and stored it in the shed. So this year I finally leveled off a spot behind the house and rebuilt the pool. Got the liner on and started filling, prob 8" of water in the pool and I turned off the vacuum and shut the water off for night. Came out in the morning and the liner fell into the pool. So I got some help, got the liner back up, started to vacuum and filled all day and got about 1 foot of water. Came out to check on it and yet again was floating in the pool.

So I got really irritated and threw some stuff around, felt better then found this forum.what am I doing wrong? Should I run the vacuum until its full to keep it tight to the sides? Also it was really hot here today lots of sun for liner installation. It's a bead liner.

Hope somebody can help or I'm prob going to take it down

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: bead liner keeps falling down

Quote Originally Posted by cdnpenzz View Post
    So I got really irritated and threw some stuff around, felt better then found this forum.what am I doing wrong?
    We can all relate to the "throwing some some stuff around and then feeling better" part of your post!

The part you did right was finding our forum! I'm going to ask one of our Pool Forum Support Team members (who also happens to be a pool installer) if he can take a look at your thread. Hopefully he (Waste aka Ted) will have some advice for you. Sit tight until he gets to you, He's a very busy guy!

We don't want you to take your pool down. Nooooooooo!!!!

Welcome to the Pool Forum, by the way!

Thx a lot for the help

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You bet! Hopefully he'll get to you sometime today.

I talked to a pool guy today and he said that when I took the liner out of my pool and dissasembled it was fall and the liner probably shrunk a lot. He said it's difficult to get back in but not impossible. U have to use a lot of boiling water and such. I might actually just buy a new liner anyway, can get it for a couple hundred bucks

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    You bet! Hopefully he'll get to you sometime today.
    I might (Thanks, Mom for bringing this to my attention!)

Welcome to The Forum!

I need to know how you set up the vacuum (is the vac hose behind the liner and, if so, how far down the wall?)

Probably the easiest thing for you do do is apply some liner lock to the track to keep the bead from becoming unattached when the vac is off.

Let me know more and I'll tell you more
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Waste, is this what you mean?
    Quaker Liner Wedge Lock for Beaded Liners 120ft per Bag

Email me with an example, so I can post some sources. Thx.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Ben, that looks like the stuff (of course the pic is of 120' in a bag that apparently was taken by satellite )

If you want me to send you a couple of pics of smaller pieces taken with my own camera, I've got a photobucket account and can get them to you that way. (It'll be the weekend before I can do this)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread