+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Persistent Cloudy Water...now worse

Default Re: Persistent Cloudy Water...now worse

Sorry it has been so long...been very busy, out of town etc. Just to bring you up to date I changed out my sand and filled to specs and finally have crystal clear water! Thanks for your help.

What I am a little concerned about is my test results this morning. I can't really say why the big change other than too many people trying to help while we have been out of town.

FC 10
    PH 7.8
    TA 150
    CH 120
    CYA 40

We are leaving again Friday for about a week. Are there any adjustments I need to make before leaving? As I say the water is beautiful...I hate to loose it.

Thanks
    33' round 25.6K gal AG vinyl pool; Bleach 6%; 25" Cooper sand filter; HP 1.5 SPL Waterway pump; 24hrs; Taylor K 2006; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; ; PF:4.7

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Persistent Cloudy Water...now worse

I don't see anything wrong with those numbers at all. You could shock the pool again if you wanted to Friday right before you leave, take the chlorine up to 15 ppm but otherwise that's about as good as it gets

You could put some trichlor pucks in a floater if you wanted to and leave them in the pool (I would tether the floater so it doesn't float over next to your liner and bleach it) so that there is some continuous chlorine feed in the pool, or you might consider having somebody come in and dump a gallon of bleach in the pool every couple of days...

Janet

+ Reply to Thread