Had a problem with multi value and leaking which you guys were SPOT on and that had been fixed, replaced the whole top piece and it is working wonderful! Thanks for that.

But here is the post - As you know we went thru the tornadoes last yr, we lost everything and not one bit of help from the insurance, so we have been slowly rebuilding and BROKE! We are make it back but slowly. We took over this house with a pool from my sister and her husband...who BELIEVED in the pool store and NOTHING else. Well opening the pool this yr was on use. It was a swamp and they INSISTED we use their pool store. So long story short - $450+ later (which we didn't have to spare) I say NO...went back to the old way I did things 10+ yrs ago. Which was ya'lls way. Anyway pool is almost perfect now.

The link in the value actually help bring the cya from 248 down to the 80's. Yea but now a $100.00 water bill (Oh well)

I don't have the Taylor kit yet, will be ordering after the first of the month and other bills are paid. I have been running samples to the pool store and have the guess strips.

Now to my question I need help guessing. It is a 30,000 IG vinyl pool, 40x18. So some how my cya had jumped back up to 92. My husband swears he didn't touch the in line generator, that has a couple tablets still in it but somehow by miracle it got turned on...he has since be banned from helping...

I had a little green algae on the morning shade side on the wall. As my cc was .76 as of the pool store the day before, I expected that and was gonna shock anyways, then vacuum. So it put in 6 lbs of cal hypo (found it on sale for $1.99 a bag and I had a 20% off, so it was cheaper than bleach this time, bought 24 bags).

Let it do its work over night brushing 3 good times over the 24 hrs and then vacuuming, REALLY REALLY Slow! As I wanted it get it out, and replace some of the water to lower my cya.

Here is what I did (I'm terrible at math so I need help) Vacuumed to waste 4 inches - replaced water, repeated vacuum to waste 4 more inching replace water to top of skimmer hole. So that was an extra 2 or so inches. Total of 10 inches. How much in gallons did I do? Pool calu. said to lower cya from 92 to 50 - replace 44% of water.

Since I don't have a test kit and pool store is closed - any ideas. As I trying to decide how much bleach or cal hypo to maintain my clean pool now. I did drop in 186oz bleach when I finished.

As my ph was 8.0...will that much water lower my ph too...hoping so.

Thanks for everything and sorry for the long post.