+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just filled new 15' round 52" H permanent pool

mroll is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst mroll 0

Default Just filled new 15' round 52" H permanent pool

AND water not sparkling clear..added mineral remover, vacuumed and then shocked -running DE filter. Water NOT cloudy..just tinge of green..WHAT to do next? THANKS

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Just filled new 15' round 52" H permanent pool

Hi mroll,

Is the water green and hazy, or green and clear? Does your fill water contain metals? Can you post a set of test numbers taken with a drop-based kit (no strips!) for us to look at?

Welcome to the forum!!
    Janet

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Also, please fill in your pool's information in our pool chart to make it easier for us to help you.
    Pool Chart Entry Form
    Pool Chart Results
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-24-2012 at 08:40 PM.

OK I filled in Pool Chart entry..Using basic chlorine/PH tester and levels fine till tonight. had to add more chlorine (sunny warm day and pool was used)
    Pool water CLEAN. Pool has dark blue vinyl liner and bottom looks like it has green tinge to it which it shouldnt. Pretty sure it is minerals. Added stuff from Leslies yesterday. Minor difference..Thinking of ordering taylors K2006 if you all think I need it for this size pool.
    I so appreciate all your help. I promised my husband that this pool would be my responsibility since I always had pools but I dont want to get to the 'running to pool store to buy their garbage' mode!!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Getting a good Taylor K-2006 is a great idea for every pool owner. The chemistry is the same for big pools and small pools.

What stuff did you add from Leslie's yesterday. Why do you think you have minerals. I noticed in the Pool Chart that you said you filled from city water supply.

Umm thought is was minerals since didn't fill crystal clear..Used Mineral Free..1/2 bottle!! Then vacuumed but only a few small spots on bottom.. If not minerals from local water company supply,WHAT can it be????
    Just used dichlor (Leslies chlor-Brite) 1 1/2 ounce but chlorine seemed low. Will readjust in morning..
    Bought several bottles of bleach so dont have to use dichlor daily) Been reading so many hours on pool stuff, have headache..
    Thanks for your help.. Ordering K2006..

What are the ingredients in Leslie's chlor-Brite? Good decision to order K-2006.

I totally understand having a headache from reading on the forum for hours. I have no idea how many hours in a pool season I spend here on this forum! It's probably a pretty big number times the number of years I have been doing it. AACKK! A really big number!

You are in a steep learning curve right now. It is a lot to digest all at one time. Turn off the computer for the night and give your brain a break. We'll be here tomorrow.

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Welcome to the forum! We have all been in your place- learning how to keep a pool can be confusing, there is so much that goes on with the darned water! Once you get the basics of your pool down, it really is easy. You are on the right track. Ordering a good test kit is the best place to start, this way you are always testing in the same way so you know if anything changes. The best part is you don't have to count on someone else. Before putting anything else in your pool, you can test if the stain is mineral by getting some vtamine c tablets, putting them in a sock and crushing them. Put the sock on the stain an rub. If the stain lifts off it is mineral. If you crush up a chlorine tab, put it in a sock and do the same, if it lifts it is from organics. Once you identify the stain we can better advise you on how to get rid of it. Please post your results,
    Thanks
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Watermom, Chlor-Brite is 99% dichlor...
    Yesterday registered no chlorine so put 1 ounce in. Today heavy downpours and again no chlorine so put in 1 1/2 ounces..The pool is looking even better though. We have no stains and the green tinge seems to be lessening. The tinge was ONLY when we look at the bottom.
    Test kit should be here Wednesday, hopefully, Curious about ALL chlorine levels. Alll the heavy rains raised water level about 2 inches! Should I drain or let it dissipate?
    Marie, Love the sock advise..Good to know natural ways of keeping pool cool!!! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread