+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to modify Intex ABG pool fittings to accept 11/2" pvc pipes?

Default How to modify Intex ABG pool fittings to accept 11/2" pvc pipes?

Hello everyone!! I'm Jose from California city Ca, I've rencently purchased a 24' round Intex ABG pool, evrything so far is been good. The problem I would like to upgrade to a Hayward ABG DE filter but the connections on the Intex hoses plugers are not 1.5" like most filters required. How can I modify the plumbing in the pool so that I can hard plumb my pool and be able to install the new filter?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: How to modify Intex ABG pool fittings to accept 11/2" pvc pipes?

I've emailed Poconos aka Al to ask him to reply to your thread about needed adaptors. Hopefully, he'll pop on here soon.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Welcome to the forum.
    There are various hose and pipe adapters available at Home Depot, Lowes, or any good plumbing supply place. I don't know what size the intex hoses are but there are adapters to go from 1.5" pipe to various hose sizes. The kind you are probably looking for are the dark grey plastic ones, pipe thread on one end and a barbed hose connection on the other.
    Hope this helps.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Intex makes at least a couple different hose fittings, some close to standard with hose clamps and some that use O-rings and collar nuts. I don't know that any of them are in standard sizes. You'll need to take a good look at your fittings on the pool, the hoses, and standard fittings and figure it out from there. One clue: standard hoses and fittings are sized by the inside diameter of the hose, so if your Intex hose is 1-1/4" on the inside, you may be able to use a 1-1/4" hose barb with it.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread