+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pictures of my pool during the week I converted to chlorine (bleach).

Thumbs up Pictures of my pool during the week I converted to chlorine (bleach).

I converted from Clear Comfort (Baquacil) to bleach July 2004 using the instructions I found on this site back then. Since we lost the information from the old board, I'm reposting this for others to see.

http://imageevent.com/kcleavenger/poolconversion

I will add that we didn't change the sand until we closed the pool. There were marble sized clumps of stuff inside. It wasn't a ton, but enough that it was needed.

We've been using bleach ever since with no problems. I use about 1 to 1.5 gallons of bleach a week. Simple and CHEAP! All we do otherwise is keep the ALK and PH where they should be....and check the stabilizer level when we open and again in the middle of the summer.

That baquacil stuff was so expensive for us to use. We were using like $30 a week and couldn't clear up the water for more than a few days at a time.

Thank you Ben for the instructions on how to save my pool and my wallet!

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: Pictures of my pool during the week I converted to chlorine (bleach).

Great pictures, I am sure they will give hope to alot of people duing conversions! It was also great how you documented the process.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Default Re: Pictures of my pool during the week I converted to chlorine (bleach).

thanks for posting the pictures. Now my husband won't think I am totally nuts! I am glad to see there is hope.

Makes me glad I never went to Baquicil, I am looking forward to bleach, it will save me a ton of money over shock.

+ Reply to Thread