+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lazy river

Default Lazy river

We are looking at putting in a 300' lazy winding river with beach entrance in an otherwise bare backyard. Early in the process and looking for ideas on what equipment to spec for our bids. We would like the river to be between 3-4' in depth and around 4' wide with the beach entrance to be about 15' wide and 10' in length.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Lazy river

I've been on the forum for a long time and I think yours is the first post we've had talking about putting in a lazy river. (Either that or else I'm just forgetful!) I'm not sure how much advice you're going to get here, but maybe somebody will have some ideas for you. We'll see.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Wow! A lazy river like what some water parks have? Your property must be huge!

Your project intrigues me and so I did a little Googling. Here are some interesting links:

http://www.lidopools.com/PSM_April_0...gn_Profile.pdf (talks about hydraulics)
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/the-scene/arch...-Paradise.html (news story of a man who built one in his yard)
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n7586085/ (interesting but old (2004) article about a Lazy River in Florida)

I better stop reading. I'm turning green with WANT
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Hello Popper,

I know this is a fairly old thread, but I'm hoping that you're still around to let us know how your lazy river pool turned out. We are planning one in the coming year and would appreciate any input you (or any others) may have. What equipment did you install? Seems like traditional pool equipment are included with a specialized "river" pump. Any other specialized items needed?

We've had a "traditional" freeform pool before (I think our old pics are still on here...somewhere) and no one ever seemed to want to swim. Floating and sitting by the steps seem to be the most popular agenda.

Hoping to hear from you or anyone else with expertise. We're in the beginning stages and are sorting through contractors.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

He hasn't been on the forum since 6/2012. That was his one and only post.

Thanks Watermom. Good to see you're still around to help. It's been a while since I've visited. Would you suggest I post a new thread? If so, where would you recommend to get the most input? Inground Pool Construction or back here on General Interest? Or maybe somewhere else? I'm going to need a lot of help.

I feel like it's the first day of school again.

I guess the new thread would go in the Inground Pool Construction forum since technically, it is an inground pool of sorts!

I hope there is somebody who can help you with your questions. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread