+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward filter and Speck pump issues

Unhappy Hayward filter and Speck pump issues

Hey everyone. My husband and I just completed our pool installation and we're having a myriad of issues. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. We have the Hayward 0714 series vari-flo filter and it's not registering any pressure on the gauge. Our pump (Speck ES90-III) continues to shut itself off. We have very little water flow coming out of the step jets and zero water coming out of the 2 other returns. The skimmer has minimal suction. Also, we have water leaking from the light and it flips the breaker after we turn it on. Again, any help with any of the issues would be very much appreciated. We've washed around the seals of both the filter and pump to make sure we're getting a tight seal. Thank you!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Hayward filter and Speck pump issues

Hi, Leigh. I wish I could help you but this is not my area at all. Today has been kinda slow around the forum, probably because it is Father's Day. Hopefully someone who can help will be around before too long. I just wanted to pop in and welcome you to the Pool Forum and let you know that you aren't being ignored!

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Hayward filter and Speck pump issues

Welcome to The Forum!

My first guess is that there is an in fluent valve closed, or partially closed. 2nd guess would be an obstruction in the pump or the pump not properly working.

It sounds like the o-ring on the light ho0using isn't sealing - pull the light out, fully dry it and lube and properly seal the light. (info on this can be provided )

I'll help as I can but, I'm really busy at this time, please bear with me.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread