+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There is sand at the bottom of my above ground pool that keeps coming back.

Default There is sand at the bottom of my above ground pool that keeps coming back.

I spent 3 days getting all of it out. Right now my pool is about 6 inches deep so it's not coming from the filter. Is there a hole at the bottom? How do I locate it and fix it? Thanks!

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: There is sand at the bottom of my above ground pool that keeps coming back.

If you have a hole in the bottom of the pool, your water will leak. Are you experiencing water loss? How much sand? Can you vac it out?
    Janet

Default Re: There is sand at the bottom of my above ground pool that keeps coming back.

I tried vacuuming it last summer, but it kept showing up. What else could it be besides sand? It is possible I thought it was all gone today but it was floating and just settled. Please help me, this is so frustrating. Could it be leaf breakdown, but why would it be like sand?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Is it possible that it is just dirt/dust?

My pool has a vinyl liner and underneath it is a foam pad that is taped together with tape. You can see these lines underneath my liner. I can vacuum my pool and have it look spotless but then hours later when the water quiets back down, the dirt/dust that is in suspension while I am vacuuming drops back down and always resettles in those 'lines.' No matter how slowly I move that vac head around and no matter how spotless it looks when I am finished with the vac, it reappears. This was also true in my previous liner pool. It is no big deal, though. Of course, I want my pool perfect but hey, there is dirt out there in the world and there is no way I'm going to keep it out of my pool. As soon as we get in to swim, that little bit of dirt gets swished around back into suspension again and you can't see it.

Could this be what is happening in your pool?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Is it just on the bottom, or is it also forming on the sides?

It could just be dirt and dust, like Watermom said. That happens to all pools. You might try using skimmer socks. They do catch a lot of this fine debris.

Do you have steps that are weighed down with sand? If so, could that be your sand source?
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

I suppose you're right. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread