+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump Question and Water Return

Default Pump Question and Water Return

I have an 18' above ground pool 52" high with a Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5HP Pump (probably overkill but it came with the package ). Anyway, the water return into the pool is really powerful, is there a way to slow it down? Also, the eye of the return is pointing up so water shoots out a little at the top....can I change directions of the eye and point it down a little? I tried messing with it but it feels like I'm unscrewing the return and I don't want to mess it up. The person/installer I bought the pool from is a yahoo and is not much help to me. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Kelly

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Pump Question and Water Return

You can aim the eyeball different directions. It is made to do that. If I have a lot of floating debris, I aim the eyeball up to try and move the stuff towards the filter. When I add bleach into the skimmer, I aim the eyeball down so there isn't a high concentration of bleach aimed at the side of my liner.

I believe you can install a valve of some sort to throttle back the flow, but I am not the one to explain this to you. I'll ask Ben to pop in here and give you some information about that.

You are right that a 1.5HP pump is WAY too big for your pool! What size is your filter? (I assume it is a sand filter?)

+ Reply to Thread