+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex combo sand filter SWCG question

Question Intex combo sand filter SWCG question

Hi Pool Forum. I have a question about my pump/filter/SWCG combination. This unit includes a copper ion cell and I would prefer to not be adding copper to my pool. The cell has an electrical connection that plugs into it. I'm wondering if I can simply not plug this cell in? The SWCG has a separate electrical connection so it appears that the copper cell is isolated. Does anyone have any experience with this set-up?

Thanks,
    Shannon
    15' round 4.4K gal AG vinyl pool; SWCG; Intex 15'x48" metal frame sand filter; Intex sand and SWCG 1600gph pump; don't know yethrs; I will be using K-2006 and aquachek salt strips; utility water; summer: solar; winter: none, yet; ; PF:27

Default Re: Intex combo sand filter SWCG question

After reading your instruction manual and looking closely at all the literature, the answer is no, there is not an "authorized" way to turn off the SWCG, it comes on when the pump does. But to be absolutely sure, recheck your housing to ensure there is NOT as separate on/off switch for the SWCG....if there is, your good to go.

Otherwise, your choices are 1.) return the unit for one that does not include the SWCG (this would be the best way and the only legal authorized way that could be recomended by any of the administrators of this site) 2.)DIY it to fix it, this of course is at your own risk and I am sure EVERYONE on this forum would recommend that it would be much better and far more safer to get the sand filter and pump combo with out the SWCG.....I insist you go this way. Now if you have a EE at your disposal........again, why bother when you can simply get the pump and filter....honestly, I would prefer separate pump and filter because sooner or later your pump WILL die......this is not $1,000 class pump equipment which can last 10+ years.....better to simply replace pump and use the filter unit you still have. So get another pump (I have one in the closet) and get ready to look good infront of everyone when the pump dies, and less than 10 minutes later you have replaced the pump and are the hero.....

Got it?

Bob E.
    Intex 10' x 30" metal frame pool, Intex 2500 gph filter/pump, Intex Saltwater generator, SwimMax 11KW heater, 2 x Small Game Solar Domes.

Default Re: Intex combo sand filter SWCG question

I guess my question wasn't very clear. I DO want to run the SWCG, I DO NOT want to run the copper ion cell. I'm wondering if I can simply leave the copper cell unplugged. It appears to be completely separate from the SWCG. Thanks for your efforts and response SafetyBob!
    15' round 4.4K gal AG vinyl pool; SWCG; Intex 15'x48" metal frame sand filter; Intex sand and SWCG 1600gph pump; don't know yethrs; I will be using K-2006 and aquachek salt strips; utility water; summer: solar; winter: none, yet; ; PF:27

+ Reply to Thread