+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jacuzzi Magnum Force

Default Jacuzzi Magnum Force

I have a Jacuzzi Magnum Force pool pump--part # 94027120 with an A.O. Smith motor--part #7-184950-22. The motor is getting very noisy and I am certain that I will have to replace it in the near future. I cannot locate the A.O. Smith motor. It is a 2 hp, 10.5 amp, Type CX, Code K, Form KJM, Insulation class B, Serial #CB01-27, 1081 Pool Pump Duty. Is there another replacement motor that I can use for this pump or does anyone know where I can locate this same motor? I think that the manufacture date on the pump is 2006.

Any help would be appreciated.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Default Re: Jacuzzi Magnum Force

the motor you need is an AO Smith Centurion B836 (2 HP, SF 1.2 Brake HP 2.4) or AO Smith ST11202 (full rated 2 HP, SF 1.3 Brake HP 2.6) based on currently having a Centurion (AO SMITH) 184950 motor on the pump. The B836 is what you currently have. The ST1202 is a universal replacement motor. Both are made by AO Smith.

When you replace the motor you also want to replace the seals and O-rings.

You also might want to consider replacing the motor with a more energy efficient two speed motor of the same high speed HP and same mounting (threaded shaft, C mount), also available from AO Smith in both the Centurian (B809 or B2984 which is energy eficient on both low and high speed) and AO Smith lines (STS1202R). If you go with a 2 speed motor you will also need to get the swith to select low or high speed (mounts on the pump motor) unless you have some type of automatin system that can select pump speed.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

I will be looking for an energy efficient motor. I am not knowledgeable about the two speed motors. How do I know what speed to run the motor at and do I get the switch at the same place I would purchase the motor?

Thanks for your help on this!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Possible sources:

ST1202 - 1 speed energy efficient: a1poolparts / aqua-man / inyopools

STS1202R - 2 speed energy efficient: aqua-man / inyopools

Note: these are 230V only motors. Timer installation pretty much REQUIRES an electrician. You will DEFINITELY need to purchase the appropriate "Go-Kit" when you get the motor. There are electronic switches available, but one of the benefits of a 2 speed pump over a variable speed pump is greater reliability and MUCH less susceptibility to nearby lightning. Going with an electronic timer somewhat undoes this. If you get the connection 'whip', your electrician will need to add 1 additional wire.

Timer *or* Switch (from Amazon):
    Intermatic T10604R Pool/Spa Control Center T106M and T104M
    Southwire 55189301 3/4-Inch 6-Feet ULTRA Whip-Pre-Assembled with Wires and Connectors
    Leviton 1282 15 Amp, 120/277 Volt, Toggle Double Throw @ Amazon

Thanks, Ben for the information on the motor and switch. I will get these ordered and call my electrician.

I really appreciate your help.
    Rob

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

You're welcome.

+ Reply to Thread