+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clear green water

Angry Clear green water

I just added calcium cloride to my pool and it turned green over night. I know it is not algae because the clorine level had been high for a couple of days. The water is clear and bright green! Please help.

Default Re: Clear green water

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Is it possible that you have metals in your water, iron or copper? Are you filling from a well? This thread may be helpful: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...-won-t-go-away

It's much easier to answer your questions, when we know something about your pool. We often spend the first few posts back and forth collecting information. So, please complete our new Pool Chart form -- it takes about 30 seconds, but will save much more than that.
    Pool Chart Entry Form
    Pool Chart Results
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-20-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: fix pool chart links
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Clear green water

Hi Rick;

Typically, it's metals as AnnaK noted. And, you'll need to complete the chart, before we try to resolve the problem.

Often, you can fix it temporarily by lowering the pH -- but not too much! We'll need to see test results, too.
    Last edited by aylad; 06-14-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: It was Anna, not Watermom!

+ Reply to Thread