+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Chloromatic troubles

Default Old Chloromatic troubles

about 3 seasons ago my chloromatic cell started to put out only about 1/2 of its normal chlorine, no codes. So I thought it was the cell was going out. Turned it off and switched to chlorine tablets.
    This year I found a troublshooting manual for the newer models and figured out the cell cable was bad (open). I had cell tested, its fine. So I am trying to get system up and going again. I have added some salt (not enough) and get the 144 code and service light on.
    I do get a flow light and always have the cell reversing light. the salinity was reading 1.7 when I put in the salt, now its 1.1. and I do have the audible beep.
    I do not any voltage going to the cell (checked at back board), but I thought I recalled, system will make chlorine even when salinity is as low as 1.0, but I may be wrong. Still no codes except the 144.
    Is there a button I push to read additional codes? I do not want to spend a bunch of money repaing this controller,
    we will be moving in 1 to 2 years, I'll just run chlorine for a couple more seasons if I have to, then replace entire system with and updated/new model.
    I will add some more salt...I read somewhere to clear the memory, how do I do that? Thanks in advance.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread