+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iAquaLInk as only control?

Default iAquaLInk as only control?

Hi

I replaced my aging Jandy Ji8000 with the new iAqualink bundle. Now the iAqualink is my only scheduling and control device (outside of the outdoor PCB).

I'm mixed if the scheduling/etc works well enough on it's own to control the pool. I was hoping the scheduling would store locally on the PCB but it looks like its done at Jandy, and you need to rely on your internet connection and their server uptime for events to happen right.

Has anyone else had issues with this? Was thinking it could also miss an update or command and be stuck in limbo. I am not sure how much reliability has been programmed in.

I have made arrangements to add a Onetouch controller if need be, But would prefer to have my phone/tablet device instead of the old school Jandy unit.

Default Re: iAquaLInk as only control?

After a few weeks now, I think I have the hang of it. It is working pretty smoothly.
    The scheduling leaves a little to be desired, but it works out OK. (Needs an "all day" option" not a 12:01am ? 11:59 pm forced schedule".

I will keep an eye out to learn the subtleties and report back.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Please do--your experiences will help the next folks who come along with the same questions
    Janet

I will be glad to.

So far, so good.
    Installation was pretty easy. The Zodiac people have promotional pricing on this setup and for a typical GEEK household, it's an interesting alternative to a much pricier Touch system.

As a result, I have two new JVAs left over, and a new 6612F Power Center. Can I place a For Sale ad on the forum, and if so, "where" is appropriate?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Sorry, but we don't allow "for sale" areas on this forum--even though we may explicity state that there is no connection between us and you, and therefore no implied warranties in what you're selling, the fact that you would advertise on the forum pretty much negates that--so as a result we just don't allow sales to be conducted through the forum at all.

Hope you understand

Janet

So far I am pretty happy with the iAqualink. Only a few issues:

1. The Schedule interface is buggy. If you mess up a Schedule and the interface doesnt like what you did (for example, not saving) I have got a permanent "lost connection issue" and it needed a power off reboot.

2. The fonts in the scheduler dont fit, and you get a warning "Turns off after 30 Minutes" which it jams into the AIR BLOWER display and messes up the whole screen.

3. If you want something on "all the time" it doesnt like handling that in the scheduler.

4. Havent figured out how to keep the SPA HEAT in Off mode. It comes on standby when it wants.
    (workaround, keep the SPA HEAT set to a low temp, them adjust when you use it.)

5. Sometimes the time/date gets confused. My "Weekend" LIGHTS ON sometimes happens on Monday or Tuesday.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Thanks for the info.

Latest bug. Last "device" that you turned on or off will sometimes randomly come on its own. A little weird at midnight when the bubbler comes on.

+ Reply to Thread