+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to level a temporary agp on existing concrete patio

Default How to level a temporary agp on existing concrete patio

We would like to purchase a temporary agp; looking at the 10 x 30 by Intex, either easy set or metal frame. We are currently renting our home so putting it in the yard is not an option. We do have a concrete patio that is large enough for this size, but it is not perfectly level (for obvious runoff reasons). I don't know the exact measurement but I can't imagine it being more than a couple inches off with a pool this small.

Is there a way to level the metal frame option, such as adjustable footings? If not is there any harm in going with the easy set inflatable option and just leaving it somewhat unlevel?

Thanks!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: How to level a temporary agp on existing concrete patio

2" in 10' seems pretty steep for runoff, can you measure it? You really don't want to be more than an inch off - donut (easy set) pools will lean toward the low side (I know 'cause I've done it). I set up a similar pool on concrete at my parents house for my kids while we were visiting, I put 1/4" styrofoam under the pool to keep sand and sharp points from puncturing the pool (and to make it softer underfoot). I used the folding styrofoam that you'd put under vinyl siding. Maybe you could stack foam like that in inverted terraces to try to level the pool.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: How to level a temporary agp on existing concrete patio

Andy, I did exactly what you want to do. I used I think 4 4'x8' 3/4" foam boards (the kind with foil on one side) and duck taped the seams.

Specifically, I used the cheapest play sand or utility sand I could find at the big home center store. You need to find something as long as possible in order to put a level on it and simply level the sand as close to perfect as you can. I also have a 2" drop from one side to the other and it took me around 16 bags to level everything. Used old patio pavers around the bottom once I had the pool up and saw how it sat. It more like 9 foot 8 inches not exactly 10 foot across.

My little Intex has made it much more fun around the house.

Bob E.
    Intex 10' x 30" metal frame pool, Intex 2500 gph filter/pump, Intex Saltwater generator, SwimMax 11KW heater, 2 x Small Game Solar Domes.

+ Reply to Thread