+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rust stains in spa

Wink Rust stains in spa

Hi - I wanted to share that I just used vitamin c pills from CVS to succesfully remove rust stains from my pebble sheen plaster in spa. The rust was from some fertilizer with iron that ended up going over spa wall when I fertilized the lawn. I let the pill sit for 30 seconds and then rubbed it in followed by brushing with small stiff nylon brush. Repeated 2 times and looks great now.

Glenn
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-06-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: fix typo

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Rust stains in spa

Hi Glenn!
    Welcome to our forum, and thanks for starting off with such good news. We love it when a plan comes together.
    Carl
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Rust stains in spa

Just remember, the Vitamin C removes the stain from the spa, and puts it back in the water -- it does NOT get it OUT of the water.

On a spa, the easiest fix would be to clean the stains, and then drain and refill the pool.

+ Reply to Thread