+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluish/greenish particles

Default Bluish/greenish particles

I converted my vinyl pool to salt last year. I opened it today and started everything up and I notice small, seed-like bluish/greenish particles in the water and around the brick edge of the pool (under where the cover was). They are the color of the Statue of Liberty, so I am thinking they might be copper-related. What is this, and is it a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Bluish/greenish particles

Bluish-green usually does mean copper but I can't tell you where it is from. A few questions for you. Do you have a pool heater? Do you know what your pH reading is? What have you been using as your source of chlorine and lastly, what is your source of fill water?

Default Re: Bluish/greenish particles

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the pool has a (defunct) heater, the water is Suffolk County (LI) ground water (and somewhat original -- the pool was built in 1998), I have shocked it with 6 gallons of bleach, and my PH is pretty good right now (it usually needs a lot of baking soda when I open it up but this year, not so much). The pool is already clearing up, and the filter has taken care of the particles that were floating. It's weird -- the pool is the color it always is when I take off the LoopLock (blackish) -- it's just those particles that I am seeing for the first time and I don't think it is a coincidence that I converted over to salt last year (so, his was my first post-salt-conversion pool opening).

+ Reply to Thread