+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any experience with "pool-in-a-box" kits? Cinder blocks, pt wood, etc.?

Default Any experience with "pool-in-a-box" kits? Cinder blocks, pt wood, etc.?

I attempted to use the search functionality first, but unfortunately with a new account, the forum won't even let me do that.

So I'll pose a question instead, and hope that it hasn't already been answered: has anyone here had any experience with some of the "pool-in-a-box" in-ground kits I've seen, which essentially offer you a custom liner, instructions, and various other bits (filter, plumbing, etc.), leaving you to excavate the hole, and build the pool walls out of either pressure-treated wood or cinder blocks?

If so, how do they compare to the kits which offer composite/steel modular walls? I'm assuming that the modular walls would be more durable and last longer, but I'd love to hear from someone who's gone the DIY pool route themselves.

Thanks,
    Dave

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Any experience with "pool-in-a-box" kits? Cinder blocks, pt wood, etc.?

We know of people who DIY'd -- but by acting as contractors on their high end in-ground pools.

You can search using the link in my signature -- but Google lags about 24 hours behind, so you won't see the very most recent posts. To use the internal vBulletin search, you have to subscribe. Unfortunately, vBulletin has a history of NOT making search secure, so I restrict who has access.

+ Reply to Thread