Hi All! I really hope this is an easily answered question...My hubby took off our cover this past Wed. night, we planned on doing this on the weekend but he decided to put me in the hospital!--I was not prepared with any bleach. When I came home cover was off, crap from the cover was in the pool since he just pulled it from one end to the other by himself. I went to Wal-Mart(only place open at 10pm) and loaded up on shock and bleach, put 4 packs (1lb) into pool, next morning before work put 4 more in and since I didn't have time to vac. didn't turn the pump on, hoping all the green would die. Water is clear but when I vac. I suck up the leaves and dead algea, but there is a white/ creamy looking residue all over the bottom of the pool. I have vac. 2 more times and took the brush to scrub it but most of it won't budge. I did get some off with the vac sucks in a spot so hard that I can't move the brush. The water is clear and there is no green in the pool, just this stuff that looks like sand but it isn't. Is this the "shock" grains I put in without the filter running?

Thank you in advance,

Andrea
18' x 36' inground, Hayward sand filter, 3/4 horse pump