+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robotic cleaner for vinyl in ground pool

Default Robotic cleaner for vinyl in ground pool

Hi - I have a 24' X 15' vinyl IG pool. I bought a Kreepy Krauly but think I will return it - it keeps getting stuck on where my wedding cake stairs meet the wall, and skips areas of the pool. What robotic cleaner do you recommend, that will do a good job, and be safe for my lining?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Robotic cleaner for vinyl in ground pool

registration upgraded. -ben

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

TRUE robotics, like AquaBot, Red Devil, Dolphin, and Blue Diamond can be quite pricey. However, they can do a really nice job. My favorite is the Blue Diamond and have been using it for years. It won't clean your steps, though.
    Carl

I have posted this before... Depends on how you want your pool? To me anyway. I have the very pricey Aquabot and it regularly watches me vacuum my pool from the garage window. I prefer clean to "picked up." I know that auto vacs are hugely popular and I am the very, very small minority opinion, but vacuuming by hand allows me to brush my liner too. Once I have the pool in maintenance mode I do the bottom and one side wall completely each week (maybe veery 5 or 6 days is more accurate). I use major filter pressure on my VAC head, which I am aware has liner damaging potential. I have come close. That said, between testing and adding Cl and cleaning out the skimmers and vacuuming I don't spend more than 2 hours each week on my pool. And that 2 hour average is taking into account start up and storm cleaning (in the avarage). Without those, knock it back to a bit under an hour and a half.
    33,000ish gallon, 20X40 IG Vinyl Liner, no heater. Full sun, Sand filter. Been pool stored more times than I can count, not anymore! Thanks PF!

20'x40' rectangle 33K gal IG pool; Bleach; Hayward sand filter; AO Smith 1HP pump; 14hrs; Taylor K2006; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:3.6

Quote Originally Posted by jules0804 View Post
    Hi - I have a 24' X 15' vinyl IG pool. I bought a Kreepy Krauly but think I will return it - it keeps getting stuck on where my wedding cake stairs meet the wall, and skips areas of the pool. What robotic cleaner do you recommend, that will do a good job, and be safe for my lining?
    Dolphin M4..I highly recommend. See my other post for details.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...4753#post94753
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-20-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: to add link to the post he is referring to

+ Reply to Thread