+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hummer auto cleaner not working

bbluvbasket is offline ** No working email address ** bbluvbasket 0

Default Hummer auto cleaner not working

I have a hummer auto cleaner. I think it is a Letro Legend, but I am not sure which model. I will have to dig it up if you guys need it to help me. I went to run it earlier in the year and it worked fine. I haven't been in my pool for some time due to cooler weather (4 weeks). I had left it running on accident and now it isn't working. It just sort of halfway moves around. Is it possible that I wore something out? I have noticed that my pressure on my sand filter doesn't seem to be as high. Could it be an indication that my sand needs replaced? We have had that sand for 2 complete seasons and starting the third. It seems early to replace. But I have always vacuumed to filter rather than waste. Would that increase my time to have to replace?

Any help would be appreciated. The good news is my chemicals are spot on thanks to you guys' help. :-) I love Ben's kit. Thanks!

BB

Default Re: Hummer auto cleaner not working

Your cleaner is a Letro Legend with a fancy body. Low pressure on the filter can indicate a clogged skimmer, pump basket, impeller. This will result in low water flow and everything is dependent on the proper amount of water flowing to work correctly. Also, check the wall screen for the Letro for blockage. Except at extremely low water flow conditions a booster-pump powered cleaner should continue to work. That's one of the reasons they are my preferred choice in type of cleaner for most all pools.

+ Reply to Thread