+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new to pool forum love the site!

Default new to pool forum love the site!

Thank you for having such a great forum to help
    with the pools, i have a small intex 16' so i am going to
    get a solar heater..looks like the thing to make it more fun

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: new to pool forum love the site!

Solar panels make a big difference in the water temp. Especially if you also use a solar blanket on it at night to prevent losing the heat you gained during the day.

Tell us more about your pool, type of filter, size of pump and how you have been caring for it so far. Do you have a good test kit?

Hope you enjoy being a part of the forum

yes i wanted to get one for quite a while, our pool place has one for almost 200$ ,but we found a cheaper one at kmart, will see if it is what i wanted to get more use out of it.

We got a 16' intex blow up ring and Krystal clear mod 637r filer pump , with solar blanket, and solar lights, after looking at the solar heater tho it is not solar" at all hmm have to see what else there is have just added about 20z 12.5% sh

Splash, I have two of the small Game Solar heaters that are the square things with coiled black hose under a plastic dome. With roughly 8 hours of poor sun today, they made a big difference on the pool. Just one wasn't really helping that much.

Keep that solar blanket on to keep the heat in the pool over night. Welcome to the forum.

Bob E.
    Intex 10' x 30" metal frame pool, Intex 2500 gph filter/pump, Intex Saltwater generator, SwimMax 11KW heater, 2 x Small Game Solar Domes.

Thank you bob!

of course, I'm not in Oregon, but Indiana is not exactly Florida either...however, I have the same pool as you. My water has gone from 70 to 80 since saturday and that is without a solar cover. these pools are just so shallow that they really do heat up quickly during the day...you just need to save as much of that heat at night as possible...seems to me that the solar cover would be a great way to start (and reasonable expense)...personally, I enjoy a bit of a nip (slightly chilly water)...

could the pool experts here tell me if there is a correlation between temperature and chemistry? in other words, will it be easier or harder to moderate the chemical compostion as the water temperature fluctuates versus keeping a more consistent temp with assistance (solar cover or heater)?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsPool View Post
    will it be easier or harder to moderate the chemical composition as the water temperature fluctuates versus keeping a more consistent temp with assistance?
    The main effect of temperature that pool owners notice is that algae is more likely, and more troublesome, at 90F than at 70F.

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    The main effect of temperature that pool owners notice is that algae is more likely, and more troublesome, at 90F than at 70F.

i have installed this wb heater i know it prob is a waste of elect, wish i could build solar kit to power it tho
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 05-29-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: fix pic

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Let me put it this way:

Do NOT let any LIVE people anywhere NEAR that pool, till you've removed that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    Let me put it this way:

Do NOT let any LIVE people anywhere NEAR that pool, till you've removed that thing!
    i have the control in plastic now, why do you think it poses electric shock?
    Johnny
    Intex 16' x 42" Easy Set w/ 1000gpm filter

+ Reply to Thread