+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inground pool liner pulling at corner

Hybrid View

Question Inground pool liner pulling at corner

We just opened our 18 x 38 pool & see that the liner (installed approx. 10 years ago) in pulling out & down at the corner in the deep end. It appears that it just pulled down from uner the coping. Can anyone tell me how we can fix this without emptying our 45,000 gallons of water from the pool? Will it stretch to go back up & under the coping? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Inground pool liner pulling at corner

Hi, Mary Ellen, and welcome to the Pool Forum! We do have some members here who are pool installers, but I don't think they are around today. So, it may be a bit before you get a reply. In the meantime, you can do a little searching to see if you can find some previous threads where you may get some info. Use the Google search in my signature below instead of the forum software's search feature. Until your registration is complete, you will need to log out to be able to see other parts of the forum and read the search results, but that requirement will go away.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Hi Mary Ellen, welcome to The Forum!

Please take a look at this and see if it helps
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

If Ted's suggestions don't work, here's what I do (I had a lot this season and am down to one). I have a Channel-Lock pliers with rubber-covered handles given over to going in my pool water. I use it to un-plug the screw-in plugs in my drains and returns.

The back of the tool is round and won't cut the liner. I work from the point where it's half in / half out of the track and put the rounded head of the pliers under the bead and push up with a rolling action to move the bead back into its track--one angstrom at a time! I try to do it on a sunny afternoon when the liner's been baking and softened--not to fond of a hair-dryer near water, especially when I'm in the water! I work it from both sides until finally it pops completely in to the track.

Carl
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread