+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New to Forum

Default Re: New to Forum

Watermom,

I'm using the hth 6 way test kit I found at Walmart last year. I added half a box of borax last night with the usual bleach and this am the ph was 7.2 after pouring all last night. Chlorine was 5-10 dark yellow.

Pool is holding some chlorine as I go from very dark yellow 5-10 during the day( morning reading) I then add another 182 oz of bleach after the sun goes down to get me above the test kit limits . I add bleach when the level is at the 5-10 .I'm staying pretty high most of the day. Do you think I should add a second bottle at night to keep way above the test limits? I didn't locate the distilled water yet I'm in a rural area so I have to hop around different stores.

I added the other half a box of borax this morning and added the next dose of bleach did a retest about an hour after the additions and the chlorine is orange/ red an the ph was purple 8.2 is the highest on my kit so probably above that but I just added the bleach so not concerned it will come down a bit later.

So far I have put in the 4 lbs of cya and 4 lbs of borax. I'm brushing daily and was only able to vacuum 2 days ago when I took a ton of stuff out of the pool. Water is a very light green looks like lots floating, running the filter 24/7 and switching out the cartridge daily. New Unicels will be here by wed so hopefully I make more progress. I'll keep vacuuming as the weather permits. Don't want to be in the pool with a metal pole during a thunderstorm lol. Any other suggestions to clear this faster? I did add a dose of clarifyer earlier in the week per Bens suggestion. Do I add more? Thanks!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Hi CCL;

If you would, please fill out the two forms below (#1 & #2)
    1. Pool Chart Form
    2. Pool History Entry Form
    3. Pool History Results

We've been running into problems this year with long similar threads -- yours is one of the shorter ones -- and it's hard for the moderators and support team members to keep track of the details of each pool. Using these forms will make it easier for us, AND it will give you a place to keep your pool records. In the 3rd link above, you can see the data I extracted from your earlier posts.

Regarding your pool, if you have green floaty stuff, you need to brush some more AND keep the chlorine very high -- orange-red (30 - 40 ppm) is a good level. If you hold that high chlorine AND brush, you should have your pool switched to cloudy gray, from cloudy green, within 24 - 36 hours.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Ben I'll go add another 182 oz of bleach to keep a high level tonight. Hopefully no more rain tomorrow and I can get in and vacuum again.
    24' round 13,500 gal AG vinyl pool; Haywood sand filter 1 hp s180t; ; HTH 6 Way OTO Drops; NW NJ

Unhappy Pool still greenish!!

Morning all, Still have a problem with the pool. I couldn't find my original post but I have a 24' round intex pool. It started as a swamp when I opened it a few weeks ago. So far I added 4 lbs of cya, been shocking the pool daily with 364 oz of bleach( after I corrected the dose) for a 13k gallon pool,Added 4 lbs of borax.

The basic readings are chlorine way up and holding "orange". I have the hth 6 way test. Ph has been in the 7.4- 7.6 range or higher after I added the borax. I finally got the unicel filters this past week and skimmer socks that I change out daily. I brush every day and vacuum when its not raining. I swear NJ is the new Seattle.

Ben suggested a dose of clarifier so I added that last week. The filters and socks are full in the morning. The chlorine has been staying in the orange 10 + range all week so doesn't seem like I'm loosing chlorine so I slowed down the addition of bleach as per the readings and adjust accordingly. Pool is cloudy light green. Running the filter 2/7. I did put hth algae 3x in a few times as well as the clarifier prior to joining this forum New suggestions???

EDIT by Watermom: CrazyCatLady -- I found your other thread and put this most recent post of yours into it so we can keep all your information together.
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    24' round 13,500 gal AG vinyl pool; Haywood sand filter 1 hp s180t; ; HTH 6 Way OTO Drops; NW NJ

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Pool still greenish!!

If it's cloudy gree, then you need to keep the chlorine high until it turns blue. If your filter and socks are full of stuff daily, then it's removing everything that it can, you may just be to be patient. The pool didn't get that way overnight, and it's going to take some time and a LOT of POPP (pool owner patience and persistence) to clear it. Hang in there!!\

+ Reply to Thread