+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting up pool and wanting to convert from baquacil to BBB method ?

Default Re: Starting up pool and wanting to convert from baquacil to BBB method ?

Thanks PoolDoc,
    I isolated suction lines, return lines, and liner yesterday with the pump off. The water level seemed to stabilize when I shut the return lines in the shallow end located at the entry steps, so I think the biggest leak is there. For now I have shut them off and blocked the jets, and only running the 2 return lines on the side of the pool. I found another leak in the PVC connection from pump to pipe, so I'm going to attempt and replace that today.
    My question is do you think it would be ok to run just the 2 return lines this season and try to fix the issue this fall ? Looks as if the lines are run about 30ft. under concrete
    28K gal IG pool; Triton 2 sand filter

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Starting up pool and wanting to convert from baquacil to BBB method ?

Quote Originally Posted by waterbreak View Post
    My question is do you think it would be ok to run just the 2 return lines this season and try to fix the issue this fall ? Looks as if the lines are run about 30ft. under concrete
    Without actually standing at your pool, and checking it, I can't be sure. I would guess that you can -- just try it and see.

Of course, all our usual mantra applies:
    + Get a good testkit, and learn to use it (see link in my sig)
    + Maintain correct chlorine levels adjusted to your current stabilizer level (Best Guess page, in sig)
    + Do NOT trust pool stores chemical recommendations or testing; they are not always wrong, but they often are, and once you KNOW (because you've learned to test) you won't NEED their recommendations!
    + You can't replace filtration with chemicals: clean and maintain your filter and circulation rate.

+ Reply to Thread