This is entering season 7 with our Dig 220, and right before swim season ended last year, I started getting this message. The book indicates that with this message the unit is still producing chlorine, just not as efficiently.

I'm at power level 2, Salt at 3200 with a SC-60 (builder over sized) on a 28,500 gallon pool, and the union screen is clean from debris.

I have a second Dig220 that's a couple/three years old from a friend that went back to chlorine, that has a SC-48 cell.

I've done excessive google'ing on the topic, and it seems it could be many things.

Cell just worn out
blown fuse
bad power supply
bad main board

I've inspected my board, and fuses and there appears to be no problems here. I cleaned the cell late last season after first getting the message, and some scale did come off. The outer two blades are shorter than the rest, but not excessively, and appear to still be square on edge, not worn.

Since I had a spare, I replaced the cell cable just to make sure, but the stab in connectors where clean and free of oxidation prior to this change, which resulted in no change.

AMPS 5.2
Volts 28

I'm curious is someone can comment if this just sounds like a worn cell? Considering the cost, I'd hate to buy one only to find out it's something else.

If so I would like to the use the remaining life on the extra SC-48 I have. Would I just change it in the installer options, shut down, and swap them, or change it first then adjust the unit configuration? I don't see any reason zeroing it out at this point since it's not new.

Thanks!

Todd