+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aqua Rite SWCG connection to Hayward Vari-speed Ecostar

Default Aqua Rite SWCG connection to Hayward Vari-speed Ecostar

I am wondering if anybody has electrically connected a Aqua-Rite SWCG to a Hayward Ecostar.

The Ecostar has its own built in timer, is there any way to Aqua Rite to turn off/on by using the Ecostar's built in timer?
    This should be do-able, but I am unsure how to electrically connect it. I dont want to have an extra external timer, and have to sink it with the Ecostar's timer. Thanks!
    In Ground, 6,900 Gallon Gunite pool with tile trim, Haywayd EcoStar SP34000VSP Variable Speed, Aquarite 25k SWCG, North Florida

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Aqua Rite SWCG connection to Hayward Vari-speed Ecostar

Nope - 99% sure. The pumps controller is only for the pump and provides no option for controlling other equipment.
    On the up side, you can run it all the time at a very low speed for very low electric usage and not worry about synchronizing.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

I was told that I can just run the Aquarite straight to the electrical hookup, without a timer, and it will only work when the pump is pumping water. There is a flow switch in the Plumbing T, so if there is no flow, the aquarite is not ginning chlorine.

This is what I was told from a guy at the pool store, that is how they are setting up all there new installs. Anybody see anything wrong with this setup?
    In Ground, 6,900 Gallon Gunite pool with tile trim, Haywayd EcoStar SP34000VSP Variable Speed, Aquarite 25k SWCG, North Florida

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I suppose that will work as long as the flow switch works properly. In the event the flow switch fails closed, your cell will make chlorine gas and hydrogen gas until the water is displaced from the cell. When the cell is filled with a mix of hydrogen and chlorine gas and has no more salt water to electrolyze, I don't know what will happen. Is the cell close to yor house?

+ Reply to Thread