+ Reply to Thread

Thread: first post

Turner Station, kentucky ( go big blue nation )

Default first post

hey there no questions yet,lol just purchased a 27" above ground pool package. Already been in the backyard with our backhoe from work. I'll post some pics as soon as i am allowed. the ground is about a 3' fall. looking foward to the wealth of info that could be found here. one question i do have(sorry)is that my wife wants to fill in the area around the pool with rock once we are up and going. Mainly the deep area of the excavaction. Can I do that and not hurt the pool itself?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: first post

Hi, and welcome to the forum!!

There's a ton of info to be found around the forum, so make your poolkeeping life easier and get up to speed while the pool is still in the construction phase

It may be awhile before your registration status is upgraded, but in the meantime you can use the google link in my sig to search through the forum, although you may need to log out to read....

You're gonna love having a pool!!
    Janet

Cool Re: first post

ty aylad, im looking foward to the summer fun of my pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

status upgraded -- sorry it's taking so long -- we've been SLAMMED with traffic on the forum.

well, i got the base rail somewhat set today. Had a heck of a time squaring up the pool. I have learned one thing, just because i can operate a backhoe doesnt mean i can dig perfect hole. I added the extra foot all the way around like the instructions said to do, but i am still close to my cut out of my yard. All well. Also if your ground conditions are horrible like mine(hill, clay, etc, ect) then you better give a liitle extra or you will be claiming more ground by hand lol. Tommrrow will be the sand, and then the wall. The only downside that is im on a cistern. Got to haul the water myself, or have it hauled for me. At 60 dollars per 2000 thats something to consider for anyone in my shoes. I promise to get some pics up soon. got some great ones lol

Im still not done with this creature but its been a learning experience. Got the wall up sat nite and then started on the wall foam(i should've skipped this part). After that painful fun of taping and retaping and taping some more it stayed in place. Leveled out the remaining sand in the bottom(so i thought)and put in the floor foam. Installed the liner, At this point i wished i hired a professional, oh yeah i also put in the foam cove. Now the liner, got a seam to move around and my floor is a bit off of level. I think i need to pump out what water i have put in and try to relevel it. the wife says that the water weight will settle the floor out and everything will be fine. I have checked the post and they are spot on. One other thing when you order your pool, even though you might install a deck after its up, get the a-frame ladder otherwise you are in the middle of the pool scratching your head wondering how to get out of this thing(this is after the liner was in place.) any thoughts or advice on the floor issue would be great, also being that my pol is 3' in the ground on one side, im going to back fill with pebbles, or some type of fine rock. Any suggestions to that would also be great
    just purchased 27' ag pool kit. a real diy special from nationwide pools. 52" depth im a real handyman lol(at least my wife thinks so)

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyresort View Post
    Im still not done with this creature but its been a learning experience.
    That's probably the understatement of the year!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyresort View Post
    ... im going to back fill with pebbles, or some type of fine rock. Any suggestions to that would also be great
    I would suggest (and it'll be more hand work) that you provide for drainage of the buried side to try to keep the bottom rail (it's steel?) from sitting at the bottom of a muddy hole. Also, I'd use landscape fabric between your aggregate fill and the excavated soil (above your drain tile) and backfill as the water rises - you don't want the backfill collapsing your wall.

+ Reply to Thread